- The ANC 6B agenda is packed for March, so packed that the monthly meeting on Tues., March 8 will begin 30 minutes early at 6:30 pm at the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS (522 7th Street SE). The Tues., March 1 planning and zoning committee meeting, taking place at the Cesar Chavez Public Charter School at 714-722 11th Street SE, will also begin at 6:30 pm.
- On the planning and zoning front, ANC 6B is scheduled to review a number of cases, including plans for the re-development of Hine Jr. High School (Learn more about the latest plans for Hine). There are also several smaller cases on the agenda. On liquor licenses, the commission will be considering the recommendations of the ANC 6B Retail Mix Task Force, which examined the issue of retail mix on Barracks Row.
- The commission will also consider new committee proposals, including a proposal I developed jointly with Commissioner Jared Critchfield (6B06) to create a Hill East Committee for ANC 6B. I’ll write more about this proposed committee next week.
- If you are interested in the retail mix, parking and nightlife on 8th Street SE, consider completing the Barracks Row Feedback Poll. The poll, conducted by John Stover and funded by Xavier Cervera, owner of Molly Malone’s, Lola’s and the Chesapeake Room, is designed to gather information about how Capitol Hill residents feel about Barracks Row and whether opinions differ between those that live close and far from 8th St. Poll results will be presented to the community next month.
- If the weather cooperates this weekend, I plan to begin distributing a new information flyer to residents in 6B09 (see the map). The flyers include important phone numbers and the 2011 meeting dates for ANC 6B. While I plan to distribute the flyers to all households, I will make a special effort to ensure residents without computer or e-mail access receive them. If you live in an apartment or condo building, please send me an e-mail and I will make sure you receive one.
Have a great weekend!