- Thanks to everyone who participated in last night’s neighborhood walk with Brittney Wright and Chris Fitzgerald from Mayor Gray’s office. I’ll post a recap of the walk (with pictures!) in the next day or so. And, of course, a big thanks to Brittney and Chris for taking time out of their busy schedules to join us.
- MPD PSA 107 and Hill East residents are hosting a sprinkler party for kids tomorrow evening (Fri., June 24) from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Spielberg Park (17th St. SE, Mass Ave. SE, C St. SE). Come out, bring your kids, meet your neighbors and talk to MPD. Should be a great time!
- Councilmember Tommy Wells is hosting the 5th Annual Ward 6 Family Day this Saturday, June 25, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm at Yards Park in near Southeast (Water St. SE, between 3rd and 4th Streets SE). Free food, music games and activities. You can read more about the event on the Councilmember’s website.
- The DC Department of Public Works has released its street and alley cleaning schedule. Our neighborhood is scheduled to be cleaned around August 2 and September 21. View the cleaning map and calendar below:
- Finally, the ward redistricting plan is now official. On Tuesday, the DC Council held its second and final vote on the plan, which passed 8-5. There were no major changes to Hill East – everybody west of 19th Street SE will stay in Ward 6 while Reservation 13 and the DC Jail will go to Ward 7. Councilmembers Alexander, Barry, Bowser, Orange and Thomas opposed the final plan, mainly due to the passage of a last minute amendment that put Ward 3 at the top of the range of allowable ward size. Thanks again to all who weighed in during the redistricting debate. It is nice to have this issue behind us!