ANC 6B held its first meeting of 2012 last night at the Hill Center. About 20-25 residents were in attendance for what turned out to be a very short and efficient meeting. Here are the highlights:
- The commission began the meeting by electing officers for 2012. Commissioner Jared Critchfield (6B06) was elected the new chair of ANC 6B (Commissioner Neil Glick (6B08) chose to not seek another term as chair), Commissioner Ivan Frishberg 6B02) was re-elected as vice chair, Commissioner Brian Pate (6B05) was elected secretary, Commissioner Carol Green (6B07) was re-elected as treasurer and I was re-elected as parliamentarian. I’m looking forward to working with Chairman Critchfield and the rest of my colleagues on the ANC 6B Executive Committee this coming year.
- The commission unanimously supported raze permit requests for 1442 Pennsylvania Avenue SE (old KFC site), 701 Virginia Avenue SE (auto repair shop) and 733 Virginia Avenue SE (Miles Glass building) on the consent agenda.
- I announced that the ANC 6B Bylaws Review Working Group would hold its first meeting on Wed., Jan. 25, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm in the 3rd Floor Conference Room at the Hill Center. Commissioners Critchfield and Dave Garrison (6B01) will be joining me on the working group. Meetings are open to the public. If you are interested in helping out with the review, please e-mail me.
- ANC 6B approved a new liquor license for Young Chow Asian Restaurant at 312 Pennsylvania Avenue SE. The commission also approved a stipulated license for the restaurant, which allows the owners to begin serving alcohol to patrons prior to formal consideration of the liquor license request by the DC Alcholic Beverage Control Board.
- The commission unanimously approved sending a letter to the Office of Planning outlining concerns related to Stanton-Eastbanc’s Planned Unit Development (PUD) filing for the Hine Jr. High School site. The letter notes that the filing did not provide traffic, noise or shadow studies. ANC 6B would like to see these issues addressed in the “set down” report being provided to the Zoning Commission later this month.
- During the Hill East Task Force report, I provided the commission an update on the pending invitation to Mayor Gray to speak at a community meeting on the status of Reservation 13. I’m working with the Mayor’s office on a date/time/location.
- ANC 6B’s February meeting will be on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 7 pm at the Hill Center. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with ANC 6B!
Post any comments or questions below.