- On Thurs., May 21, ANC 6B’s Hill East Task Force will hold a meeting from 6:30-8 pm at St. Coletta of Greater Washington (1901 Independence Ave SE). Topics include a discussion on crime and public safety in the neighborhood with PSA 108 Lt. James Dykes and an update from Donatelli Development on plans for Hill East/Reservation 13.
- I’ll be holding a Neighborhood Town Hall meeting on Thurs., May 28, 6:30-8 pm at the Congressional Cemetery Chapel (1801 E Street SE). Representatives from Goldstar Group and NOVO Development will be on hand to provide updates and answer questions related to their respective projects at 1500 and 1600 Pennsylvania Ave SE. Representatives from Washington Gas will also provide an update on their pipe replacement project on the 300 block of 17th and 1700 block of D Streets SE. And, as always, I will open the floor for any questions on city or neighborhood issues.
- Tonight (Fri., May 15), Congressional Cemetery is hosting its first “Cinematery,” an opportunity to watch Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds under the stars. Gates open at 7:30 pm and the movie begins at 8:30 pm. There is a suggested donation of $10.
- The 36th Annual Capitol Hill Classic is this Sunday, May 17. The CHC is an annual fundraiser for the Capitol Hill Cluster School. You can learn more and register for the 10K, 3K and fun run on the CHC website. Be advised that the race will close East Capitol Street between roughly 8:30 am and 11 am so plan your travel accordingly.
- If you have not already done so, please visit the much improved ANC 6B website and sign up to receive e-mail notifications of commission meetings and other events. Just type your e-mail address in the box in the top right hand corner of the homepage.