Thanks to all who came out for last night’s Rally to Keep Capitol Hill Together. We had a fantastic turnout and some great coverage from Fox 5 News at 6 pm and 10 pm.
Numerous media outlets, including the Washington Post, are now reporting that 17th Street as the boundary between Wards 6 & 7 is a done deal. It is critical that members of the redistricting subcommittee understand that dividing our neighborhood is unacceptable.
Please call the redistricting subcommittee members today and keep calling:
- Michael Brown (I-At-Large), Co-Chair; Phone: 202-724-8105; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Evans (D-Ward 2), Co-Chair; Phone: 202-724-8058; Email: email@example.com
- Phil Mendelson (D-At-Large); Phone: 202-724-8064; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, make sure you contact the three other At-Large Councilmembers and urge them to oppose any plan that divides our neighborhood:
- Chairman Kwame Brown (D); Phone: 202-724-8032; Email: email@example.com
- Councilmember David Catania (I-At-Large); Phone: 202-724-7772; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilmember Vincent Orange (D-At-Large); Phone: 202-724-8174; Email: email@example.com
Finally, contact Ward 7 Councilmember Yvette Alexander (D) and let her know that she will be receiving thousands of unhappy new constituents if she supports a plan that divides our neighborhood:
- Councilmember Yvette Alexander (D-Ward 7); Phone: 202-724-8068; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, join us this Thursday, May 26, 1:00 pm in Room 123 at the Wilson Building (1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW) for the Redistricting Subcommittee’s vote on the proposed map.
Please keep the pressure on!