- Tuesday, Nov. 6 is Election Day. Polls open at 7 am and close at 8 pm. You can find your polling place by visiting the DC Board of Elections website. Residents who live in 6B09: If you live south of D Street SE and west of 17th Street SE, you vote at Watkins Elementary School (Precinct 91). If you live north of D Street SE and/or east of 17th Street SE, you vote at Payne Elementary School (Precinct 87).
- In the race for At-Large Councilmember, I’m supporting independent David Grosso. I’ve been impressed by David’s commitment to clean up the DC Council and make ethics and education a priority. I’m confident that David will listen to and support the residents of our neighborhood, unlike our current non-majority At-Large Councilmember Michael Brown. David has been endorsed by Ward 6 Councilmember Tommy Wells, former Ward 6 Councilmember Sharon Ambrose and the Washington Post.
- While I’m fortunate to not have an opponent in my ANC race, my three ANC 6B freshman colleagues face challengers. In a previous post, I explained why I support Jared Critchfield, Ivan Frishberg and Brian Pate for reelection. I hope all three come out on top Tuesday night.
- DDOT’s 17th and 19th Street Safety Improvement Project Recommendations will be on ANC 6B’s November 13 meeting agenda. While the meeting will begin at 7 pm at the Hill Center (921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE), DDOT will not present until the 8:00 pm hour. Read my post on the recommendations.
- The Department of Public Works has announced its leaf collection schedule. DPW will pick up leaves in Hill East between November 19 and December 1 and between December 17 and December 29. Make sure to rake leaves into the treebox the weekends prior to collection periods. Holiday trees will be collected between Dec. 31 and Jan. 12, 2013.