Here is a quick run-down of the Hill East-related issues on ANC 6B’s Tues., Nov. 8 meeting agenda. If you haven’t been to a commission meeting this year, you may want to consider attending this one – we have a lot on the agenda affecting our neighborhood. The meeting begins at 7 pm in the Benjamin Drummond Room on the first floor of the newly renovated Hill Center, 921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE.
- ANC 6B’s Request for Photo Enforcement on 17th Street SE will be considered on the consent agenda. If you have questions or concerns about the letter, please attend and speak up during the community speakout portion of the agenda. Community speakout happens immediately before consideration of the consent agenda.
- Councilmember Michael Brown (I-At-Large) will stop by the meeting at 8:15 pm or so to talk about his latest initiatives and to take questions from the audience. I plan to ask the Councilmember about a proposed Redskins training facility on Reservation 13.
- Liquor License Renewals for two area liquor stores – Southeast Market (1500 Independence Ave. SE) and Pennsylvania Ave. Market (1501 Penn Ave SE) – will be on the agenda. I visited Southeast Market over the weekend and asked the owner if they would be willing to stop selling 2-packs (two connected single cans of beer). I’m hopeful the commission can work with the owners of Southeast Market to update the voluntary agreement with the store. If you have concerns about these or other stores up for renewal, e-mail me or post them below.
- A Request for Crime Data from Reservation 13 will be considered during the Hill East Task Force portion of the agenda. Letter Seeking Data on Reservation 13 (pdf).
- A Planning & Zoning case on a property at 1200 Potomac Avenue SE, where the owner wants to change the use of a building from residential to retail. The retail would be a coffee shop and pet supply store.
Hope to see you on Tuesday night!