Tomorrow night (Wed., May 23), ANC 6B’s Outreach and Constituent Services Task Force meeting will feature Reuben Pemberton, Director of the Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) Vacant Building Enforcement. The meeting will take place at 7:00 pm in the Frager’s Conference Room at the Hill Center (921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE). As always, the meeting is open to all.
The agenda will include:
- Overview of District’s laws and processes for dealing with Vacant and Blighted Property
- What makes a property Vacant or Blighted?
- Effectiveness of program in returning properties to productive use
- Role of residents and neighbors in the Vacant and Blighted program
- Presentation of ANC6B consolidated list of potential vacant or blighted properties
I’m currently compiling a list of vacant buildings in 6B09. If you know of a vacant building on your block, please e-mail me and I will add it to the list. You can also e-mail VacantBuildings@dc.gov.
For more information on Pemberton and the Vacant Building Enforcement unit, check out this May 11 Washington City Paper Housing Complex blog post.