Tomorrow night (Wed., May 23), ANC 6B’s Outreach and Constituent Services Task Force meeting will feature Reuben Pemberton, Director of the Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) Vacant Building Enforcement. The meeting will take place at 7:00 pm in the Frager’s Conference Room at the Hill Center (921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE). As always, the meeting is open to all.
The agenda will include:
- Overview of District’s laws and processes for dealing with Vacant and Blighted Property
- What makes a property Vacant or Blighted?
- Effectiveness of program in returning properties to productive use
- Role of residents and neighbors in the Vacant and Blighted program
- Presentation of ANC6B consolidated list of potential vacant or blighted properties
For more information on Pemberton and the Vacant Building Enforcement unit, check out this May 11 Washington City Paper Housing Complex blog post.